Friday, August 27, 2010

Restore your own honor Mr. Beck - mine's just fine, thank you very much.

So we're in the final countdown to Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally on the Mall tomorrow. Beck carefully chose his date to coincide with the anniversary of Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech. Purely coincidence? Yeah right. The man's an idiot, but he's not an idiot, if you know what I mean.

I suppose I should be thankful that the Great and Powerful Beck is going to restore my honor since I didn't even know that I had lost it. The idea of Glenn Beck restoring anyone's honor is laughable. Beck does not know the meaning of the word honor. He will do anything, say anything for ratings. He is manipulating the masses for money and to feed his own ego.

But I digress. I'm sincerely trying to think the best of people (even the worst people) these days. I think Beck deserves our sympathy instead of scorn as he does say that the voices are screaming at him pretty loudly these days. Mental illness can be very scary and isolating so I applaud Mr. Beck's efforts to build a strong support system for himself. Personally, I would have started with a good psychiatrist and some strong pharmaceuticals - but hey, a rally is another way to go. But don't worry Mr. Beck - help is out there! When you are ready for professional help the Affordable Care Act (a.k.a OBAMACARE) will ensure that your mental illness can not be cited as a preexisting condition to deny you insurance coverage! See, we liberals aren't the completely soulless fascists that you paint us to be. We care. Even for bigots like you.

Best of luck tomorrow Mr. Beck. And if those voices start getting too loud, I've got some tinfoil we can fashion into a hat for you. I hear that works wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment